"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, September 30, 2011

Pallet Slate Sign Photo Prop

We took fall photos today. I looked though photos I liked on Pinterest and tried to recreate my own versions. I am not a professional by any means, and I am not great at photo editing yet, I just got Photoshop and have no clue where to start, nor do I think I have the time to do so, but maybe now that I got some pretty good shots I will take the time to play around with them a bit and learn something. But you will just have to put up with unedited photos for now.


What do you think??

The photo I saw on Pinterest and really liked, used a photo prop sign made out of an old window painted into a slate chalkboard and they wrote on it Merry Christmas.

You can see the awesome photo here at Ron Putnam Photography.

Well I didn't have an old window, so I made my own chalkboard sign. It didn't have to work as a chalkboard forever, just a one time thing. So I used what I had.

Pieces of a Wooden Pallet
Cardboard
Black Tempera Paint
Chalk
Staples
Staple Gun
Wood Glue

Using the wood glue and small nails I made a simple frame out of broken pallet pieces. I painted some cardboard black and stapled it to the back of the frame. Then I used the chalk to write Merry Christmas on the black cardboard.



Here is the back, which no one ever sees anyway.


You can see it is not the first time the cardboard has been used. I did some painting on top of it last week for another project. Reuse!



Speaking of Re-use. I think this might end up on my mantle or in my entryway come Christmas time.





I think this one has "Christmas Card" written all over it!







Linking up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. I love photo ideas like these I see on Pinterest! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue along with your site in web explorer, could test this¡K IE still is the marketplace leader and a huge portion of other people will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem. credit card login

    ReplyDelete