"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cheesy, Ham, Corn, and Potato Chowder

Fall is upon us!
Ok not quite yet really.
It was 77 here today which is not soup weather but...

I had to use up the garden produce I had so I made our families favorite soup.
But no worries about the warm day because it FREEZES well. :)

Cheesy, Ham, Corn, and Potato Chowder.

MMM....

This is the best ever!
I am not just saying that. 
I actually entered and won a soup making contest at my husband's work with this recipe.
So I will share the awesome yummy goodness with you!


Cheesy Ham and Potato chowder
10 strips of Bacon diced
1, lg onion
1 cup diced carrots
3T flour
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 can drained corn
2t chicken bullion
pepper to taste
3 cups shredded cheese (sometimes I substitute low fat Velveeta but only around 1 cup then.)
2 cups cubed ham

Fry bacon in soup kettle. Remove the cooked bacon and set aside. In drippings saute the onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 min or until slightly thickened. Add potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat. simmer uncovered for 20 min or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham. heat until cheese is melted. (add bacon on top if you wish).

If you freeze it, put the bacon in a separate baggie to use as a topping later to prevent soggy bacon.

Enjoy!

Linking up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I am so a soup person, I don't care what the weather is. Yummy! Thank you!

    -Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog on Tip Junkie and I love your post! This chowder looks delish!

    I would love it if you would come by my blog and link up to Fusion

    Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy

    projects, tips & tricks, and how to's! { open through Wednesday! }

    http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

    I would love it if you would come by Friday and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to save this for future reference cause it sounds sooo good. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete