"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Star Spangled Yard



Today is the first post in a series of posts that are dedicated to two grandmothers in my life. Both women are moving and downsizing the items in their lives. Many things have come my way recently through my grandmother and my husband's grandmother. Some things were passed up by others but my eye can see the treasures hiding within.


Today's item from Grandma's house!


A flour sifter!
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I WAS!!!

You are now thinking I am nuts. Which is fun, because you probably will think I am nuts at this point through all these posts. HA!

I actually went to Grandma Bauer's house in search of a flour sifter. I don't have one, but needed one this week for this project I saw here.
I kid you not, we were there and got it last night. She couldn't believe I was looking for a flour sifter. She had just put it in a box of stuff she was planning on donating someplace. It was in rough shape, he handle doesn't bounce back when you squeeze it, but that didn't matter one bit for this project.


Here is what we did! Cut a star shape out of a piece of cardboard. Put the cardboard down on the grass. Spray the grass in the stencil with water, and then sift flour onto the stencil..



This is the result! A Star Spangled Yard. Just in time for the 4th of July.


Looked pretty cool on the sidewalk too!


Without grandma's sifter... This cool yard wouldn't have happened.
Thanks Grandma Bauer. 








3 comments:

  1. So cool- it is so sweet that you get excited about a sifter, I would also. x I adore the stars, what a clever idea. It reminds me a little of the free art movement. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could try chalk spray paint (old squirt bottle, water, chalk made into dust)

    ReplyDelete