"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Thursday, May 5, 2011

My New Hairstyle Standby, Diagonal French Braid

Today's post is inspired by 30 hairstyles in 30 days going on now at
She is currently on day 5, and I can't wait to see more since her hair seems fairly similar to my own.

So today I thought I would toss out my new quick hair standby. The style I go to when I don't know what to do with my hair. I can do this anywhere. I even have done it in the McDonald's drive through while waiting in line to grab cheap chicken nuggets for my kiddos lunch.

So many people toss their hair in a ponytail when they need a quick fix. I used to do the pony flip all the time but now my hair is too long and it just looks like a messy pony tail.

My hair has been getting so long lately that even the regular ponytail falls from the weight, or the small hairs in the front fall out or break from tight bands, so this has been my new hairstyle standby. The diagonal french braid. I spotted this a couple months ago on a teen in town and have been in love with it ever since.

Now please understand I just got back from hosting a 4 year old b-day party at the zoo so please bare with me on the absence of makeup, and the hair in need of washing. I actually had a hat on this morning, but I wanted to share the 30 days 30 styles link and this is my quick fix so I did it quick.



Many of the new spring fashions like here have loose side pony looks. Or loose side braid. So I did just that but added the back french braid to hold things better. It has worked well for dressy, or casual. See my serious, not wearing makeup, model look. Just for you lovely people checking in. HA!


What is great about it is that my husband likes it, sometimes he doesn't care for some of my hair styles. So the fact that he feels comfortable out in public with me is always a good thing right?  Again if you like hair ideas tune into My Yellow Sandbox, I am sure she will be wearing makup for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment