"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Candy Corn Fairy

Photobucket

I have always wanted to try making a pillowcase dress. So when my daughter asked to be a Candy Corn Fairy for Halloween I knew that a pillow case dress would be a perfect fit for this costume. A candy corn fairy was her original idea. It combines two of her favorite things, fairies, and her favorite fall candy, candy corn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A pillow case dress gets it's name because you can easily make it out of a pillow case. There are many pillow case dress tutorials online. So I am not going to be turning this into a pillow case dress "how to" post. Just a simple idea to use it in a new way.

We also made the fairy wings ourselves and by we I mean my daughter helped make them.

My fairy wing tutorial is here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Flying is hard work.

This post was linked in...
Katie's Nesting Spot

Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kara...just wanted to say thanks for stopping by the Craftberry Bush. I really appreciate it ! as you already know...'you are so creative' I'm glad i stopped by. I'm your newest fan !
    much love,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing...wanted to follow you but for some reason it didnt allow me...:o( I'll try next time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree again. Since I have a girly girl, who happens to also LOVE candy corn, this is perfect for us! She'd love it, great idea. Looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

    ReplyDelete