"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, August 20, 2010

Love in a Lunchbox. (Lunchbox Note Ideas)

Photobucket
I am now the parent of a Kindergartner! I can't believe it! So to help this mommy deal with sending her girly off to school all day, and now having very little control over the decisions she makes. I really wanted a way to connect with her during the day so that she remembers me.
I have also learned that one way to foster long-term loving family relationships with your children is to have traditions. Something that you ALWAYS do. So I hope to start this little tradition and keep it going, so that one day my kids will say. "I remember when I was growing up you ALWAYS put a note in my lunchbox." I would really like to hear that someday!

Photobucket

Now you have to remember that my girl is only 5. So although she is smart and can sound out most three letter words, I would put her in the category of being a non-reader. This puts me in a bit of a spot when it comes to writing her little messages. So I had to get a bit creative.

Photobucket

Lucky for me, in Dec. 2009 I was the recipient of this HUGE pad of paper at a white elephant gift exchange. I knew right way over 8 months earlier, that I was going to use this great paper for notes to stuff in my daughter's lunch box.

Photobucket

Isn't this the perfect size and the colors are just great! If I remember correctly, I think the gift giver said it was purchased at Target.

So I decided to stock up on note writing, so that I was never caught without one. This way I just pop one in when I pack her lunch. The love and thought is still there. I still take the time to do them in the first place, and if something comes up that is day specific there is nothing that says I can't write another that day if need be.

Photobucket
Don't Have A Ruff Day!

Photobucket
Have a Blast Today!

Photobucket
You Are #1

Photobucket
Mommy and Allie


Photobucket
I Love You Allie

Photobucket
How about a reminder of what is coming up after school like this.
Soccer Tonight! or Soccer Day! I decided "Day" was better.

Photobucket
Or a note written by her brother. She knows how his name is spelled. She will be surprised to see this I bet!

Another great one just popped into my head.
You Are My Sunshine! With a big smiling sun!

Need some more inspiration?? Or want to do this but just are not so good at the creating thing?? Then check out these Free Printable Lunchbox Notes from Lunchables!
There are 96 different notes that you can print out! WOW!

Don't forget to save a tree and reuse scrap paper to print them out on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment