"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, May 3, 2010

Pixie Dust Fairy Hair (or) Disney Bippity Boppity Botique.

Photobucket

When we went to Disney World last year I kept hearing about how everyone brought their girls to the Bippity Boppity Botique. A place where they did the girls hair and makeup and you could buy the princess dresses too I beleive. We never went to this magical place but we saw many girls at Disney who did. Every child walked out of there with the same hairstyle. Nothing too fancy mind you, but the slicked back Cinderella style bun. I am used to doing fancy braids in my girls hair so I was not about to go and pay for a bun that I knew I could do myself. While we never did that particular hairstyle while at Disney, we did do it for her birthday this year.

What you need:
Gel
Two Ponytail Holders
Ribbon
Glitter Spray (we found ours after Halloween on clearance 25 cents)

Photobucket

How to do it:
Apply gel to wet hair.
Pull wet hair into a high ponytail make sure all bumps are out by using a bristle brush.
Then twist the hair coming out of the high pony tail so that it is together in a long log shape.
Take the twisted hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail covering the ponytail holder. Once you get close to the end holding the end secure it with another ponytail holder. Some people like to use bobby pins to hold buns in place but they end up being too painful for young girls in my opinion.
Cover the pony tail holders with ribbon of choice.
Spray with gliter spray. You can never have enough glitter!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think that is wonderful that you are so good at doing hair! I think the main thing about the Bippity Boppity Botique is the magical experience for them to be "transformed" into a princess. For a little girl at Disney that is magical. I think it has ALOT more to do then the fancy hair. I also think they do not have the time to do an extremely elaborate hairstyle due to the volume of people who want to partake in such a magical experience. I too am very gifted in the hair department where I can probably produce the same hairstyle or one similar to the one my daughter will get this summer when we go there. However, the memories she will have by going and doing that is one that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete