"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, May 10, 2010

Girls Dress from Men's Dress Shirt

Photobucket

So I am in love with he website MADE. It made me catch the refashioning bug. So following their tutorial found here I made two dresses out of Men's dress shirts.

Here was the before: I got the shirts for $2 each at a rummage sale.

Photobucket

Here is my after:

Photobucket

A couple things I did different with my dresses is used tied belts since one was for my daughter and one was for her cousin who I didn't have at our house for fitting. This made it possible to just tie the waist where it needed to be and as tight as it needed to be.

I also liked adding this flower! I found a great video showing how easy it was to make this flower here.

Photobucket

1 comment: