"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, April 26, 2010

Dinosaur Cake

Photobucket

Of course since my oldest boy is turning three this week I am busy posting how to's for all his cakes so far.
This was his cake for his second birthday. So far it is my favorite cake I have made I think. I am not a cake maker by the way just a do it yourself mom so I don't strive for perfection, just fun.

I searched and searched for an easy dino cake and finally found what I was looking for here.
But.. I was having a double party for my son and my daughter since their birthday's were so close and only inviting relatives so I didn't need two full cakes. So I made my own pattern, keeping the other cake in mind, using only one round cake.
Here is the pattern I came up with.

Photobucket

I assembled the cake sort of like this, to give you an idea. (Sorry, I'm not a graphic designer either.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decorated it with frosting colored neon green with neon food coloring and used Hershey kisses for his spikes like the video link showed. I piped on some brown spots with brown chocolate gel icing as well and a chocolate chip for his eyeball.

It was a hit of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment